It’s Friday night, and I’m sitting in my living room watching Chopped, with my brand new Julia Child cookbook at my side. There is no hesitation when I say, “I’m a foodie.”
Here are a few of the foods that I just cant get enough of!
1. Trader Joe’s Speculoos Cookie Butter. Trader Joe’s describes it as “a deliciously unusual spread reminiscent of gingerbread.” Food bloggers describe it as “spreadable cookies” and “Christmas in a jar.” None of these descriptions are more accurate than the other in describing this incredibly delectable treat.
2. 34˚ Rosemary Crispbread. I have to admit, I first taste these crackers only one week ago. I was spending time in Maryland with my family last weekend, and my aunt had packed these for my young cousin to snack on. Later that evening, she served them to me with goat cheese. I have always been a fan of plain ol’ cheese and crackers, but the delicate flavor of rosemary shines through for a little extra oomph.
3. Kale. A supertrendy superfood, kale is one of the healthiest vegetables around. I enjoy mine most sautéed in a salad with dried cranberries and almonds.
4. Grape Leaves. Grape leaves are used in the cuisine of number of cultures, from Greek to Arab to Romanian to Bulgarian. They’re best when stuffed with a mixture of rice, meat, and spices, and spritzed with a bit of lemon juice.
5. Butternut Squash Soup. When fall comes around, my adoration for soups grows stronger. Last year, for the first time, I made my own version of this savory soup, and I fell in love. Top with sour cream and salted seeds, and voila, a comfort food for fall.